- active = 'one', 50)" @mouseleave="debounce(() => active = '', 100)" > Probiotic Products
- active = 'two', 50)"
@mouseleave="debounce(() => active = '', 100)"
Learn more about probiotics
- Probiotics for Digestive Health
- Probiotics for Constipation
- Probiotics for Diarrhea
- Probiotics for Gas
- Probiotics for Bloating
- Probiotics for Vaginal Health
- Buy Now
- Probiotic Benefits
- Healthcare Professionals
US Residents Only. The Website contains information about products that may or may not be available to consumers outside the U.S. Outside the U.S., these products may be marketed under different trademarks in different countries and, where applicable, may be approved or cleared by a government regulatory body for sale or use with different indications and restrictions in different countries. However, the Website and its contents are designed to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. Although accessible by others, this Website, its products, and its contents are intended for access and use by U.S. residents only.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, and any product or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights. The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including, but not limited to, all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by The United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer or device may temporarily store copies of such materials on your device incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications; and
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm any minor or other person in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Termination. We have the right to:
- Take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone accessing or using the Website.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY/ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Information Not Substitute for Professional Health Care Provider. The Website may contain from time to time information related to various health, medical and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a professional health care provider. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult a professional health care provider. The Company makes no representations or warranties as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein and expressly disclaims any obligation to update any such information, except to the extent required by law, including, but not limited to, Food and Drug Administration regulations. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Website.
No Reliance on Information Posted. The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Social Media Features. The Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites or social media platforms to certain content on the Website;
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Website; or
- Cause limited portions of content on the Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us solely with respect to the content with which they are displayed. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking; nor
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Website. If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Geographic Restrictions. The owner of the Website is based in the State of Tennessee in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCTS OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCTS OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Contact Information. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, notices and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to:
Bridges Consumer Healthcare, LLC
Attention: Florajen Website
1100 Market Street, Suite 600
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Telephone: (888) 364-6869
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Segers ME, Lebeer S. Towards a better understanding of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG - host interactions. Microbial Cell Factories. 2014;13(Suppl 1):S7. doi:10.1186/1475-2859-13-S1-S7. [LINK https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4155824/ ]
- Sugahara H, et al. Probiotic Bifidobacterium longum alters gut luminal metabolism through modification of the gut microbial community. Scientific Reports 5, Article number: 13548 (2015) [LINK http://www.nature.com/articles/srep13548 ]
- Kirjavaninen et al. Aberrant composition of gut microbiota of allergic infants. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2001;32;1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1773282/
Bjorksten et al. The intestinal microflora in allergic Estonian and Swedish infants. Clin Exp Allergy. 1999;29:342.
- McFarland LV. Epidemiology, risk factors and treatments for antibiotic-associated diarrhea. Dig Dis. 1998;16(5):292-307
- Waigankar SS, Patel V. Role of probiotics in urogenital healthcare. Journal of Mid-Life Health. 2011;2(1):5-10. doi:10.4103/0976-7800.83253.
Vásquez A, Jakobsson T, Ahrné S, Forsum U, Molin G. Vaginal Lactobacillus Flora of Healthy Swedish Women. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2002;40(8):2746-2749. doi:10.1128/JCM.40.8.2746-2749.2002.
- Wright JJ, Paauw DP. Complications of Antibiotic Therapy. Medical Clinics of North America; July 2013, 97(4): 667–679.
- Vanderhoof J.A., et al . Lactobacillus GG in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea in children. J Pediatr. 1999;135(5):564-568.
- “ A.G. Mohamed, Hayam M. Abbas, Abeer F. Zayan and Nayra Sh. Mehanna, 2016. Bacterial Strains as Vitamins Supplements to Prepare Functional Dairy Beverages. American Journal of Food Technology, 11: 234-239. https://scialert.net/fulltextmobile/?doi=ajft.2016.234.239
- Probiotics, What’s the Bottom Line. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, National Institutes of Health website. Accessed April 2, 2017 https://nccih.nih.gov/sites/nccam.nih.gov/files/Probiotics_07-01-2015.pdf
- Kim SE, et al. Change of Fecal Flora and Effectiveness of the Short-term VSL#3 Probiotic Treatment in Patients With Functional Constipation. Constipation Research group of Korean Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility. J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2015 Jan 1;21(1):111-20. doi: 10.5056/jnm14048. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25537674
- Probiotics May Ease Constipation. Harvard Health Publications, Harvard Medical School website. Accessed April 4, 2017 http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/probiotics-may-ease-constipation-201408217377
- Dimidi E, et al. The effect of probiotics on functional constipation in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. August 6, 2014, doi:3945/ajcn.114.089151 http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2014/08/06/ajcn.114.089151.abstract
- Khalif IL, et al. Alterations in the colonic flora and intestinal permeability and evidence of immune activation in chronic constipation. Dig Liver Dis. 2005 Nov; 37(11):838-49. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16169298
Barbara G, et al. Interactions between commensal bacteria and gut sensorimotor function in health and disease. Am J Gastroenterol.2005 Nov;100(11):2560-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16279914
- Miller LE, Ouwehand AC. Probiotic supplementation decreases intestinal transit time: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. World J Gastroenterol. 2013 Aug 7; 19(29):4718-25. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23922468
- Cha BK, et al. The effect of a multispecies probiotic mixture on the symptoms and fecal microbiota in diarrhea-dominant irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2012;46:220–227. doi: 10.1097/MCG.0b013e31823712b1.
Whorwell PJ, Altringer L, Morel J, et al. Efficacy of an encapsulated probiotic Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 in women with irritable bowel syndrome. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:1581–1590. doi: 10.1111/j.1572-0241.2006.00734.x.
- MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine website. Accessed April 4, 2017 https://medlineplus.gov/diarrhea.html
- Using Probiotics for Diarrhea. WebMD website. Accessed April 4, 2017 http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/probiotics-diarrhea#1
McFarland LV. Meta-analysis of probiotics for the prevention of traveler's diarrhea. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2007 Mar;5(2):97-105.
Traveler’s Diarrhea. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Accessed March 31, 2017. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2016/the-pre-travel-consultation/travelers-diarrhea
- How to Prevent Diarrhea While You Take Antibiotics. Cleveland Clinic website. Accessed April 4, 2017 https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/04/how-to-prevent-diarrhea-while-you-take-antibiotics/
- Infectious diarrhea: Can probiotics help against diarrhea? PubMed Health, U.S. National Library of Medicine website. Accessed April 4, 2017. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0088733/
- Based on market survey conducted by American Lifeline December 2016.
- Could Probiotics Help Alleviate your Functional Gastrointestinal Symptoms? International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestional Disorders website. Accessed April 4, 2017. https://www.iffgd.org/diet-treatments/could-probiotics-help-your-symptoms.html
- Kim HJ, et al. A randomized controlled trial of a probiotic, VSL#3, on gut transit and symptoms in diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Aliment Pharmacol Ther (2003)17: 895–904. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12656692
- Kim HJ, et al. A randomized controlled trial of a probiotic combination VSL# 3 and placebo in irritable bowel syndrome with bloating. Neurogastroenterol Motil (2005)17: 687–696. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16185307
- Supplements for IBS: What Works? WebMD website. Accessed April 4, 2017 http://www.webmd.com/ibs/features/supplements-for-ibs-what-works#1
- Bloating 101: Why You Feel Bloated. WebMD website. Accessed April 4, 2017 http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/diarrhea-10/bloated-bloating
- Health benefits of taking probiotics. Harvard Health Publications, Harvard Medical School website. Accessed March 31, 2017. http://www.health.harvard.edu/vitamins-and-supplements/health-benefits-of-taking-probiotics
- Survey of full-time U.S. pharmacists who stock Florajen, by DMD Healthcare Research, December 2015.
- Jiang, W., Ni, B., Liu, Z. et al. The Role of Probiotics in the Prevention and Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis in Children: An Updated Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Pediatr Drugs 22, 535–549 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40272-020-00410-6
- Tan‐Lim, CSC, Esteban‐Ipac, NAR, Mantaring, JBV, et al. Comparative effectiveness of probiotic strains for the treatment of pediatric atopic dermatitis: A systematic review and network meta‐analysis. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2021; 32: 124– 136. https://doi.org/10.1111/pai.13305
- M. Alexander Otto. “Yeast Infection Four Times as Likely with Penicillin Use.” Clinician Reviews, 13 Dec. 2016, https://www.mdedge.com/clinicianreviews/article/77427/infectious-diseases/yeast-infection-four-times-likely-penicillin-use?sso=true.
- Navarro-López V, Ramírez-Boscá A, Ramón-Vidal D, et al. Effect of Oral Administration of a Mixture of Probiotic Strains on SCORAD Index and Use of Topical Steroids in Young Patients With Moderate Atopic Dermatitis: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Dermatol. 2018;154(1):37–43. doi:10.1001/jamadermatol.2017.3647
- Yan F, Polk DB. Probiotics and immune health. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2011 Oct;27(6):496-501. doi: 10.1097/MOG.0b013e32834baa4d. PMID: 21897224; PMCID: PMC4006993. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21897224/
- Hanifin JM, Reed ML; Eczema Prevalence and Impact Working Group. A population-based survey of eczema prevalence in the United States. Dermatitis. 2007 Jun;18(2):82-91. doi: 10.2310/6620.2007.06034. PMID: 17498413.
- Eczema Prevalence, Quality of Life and Economic Impact.” National Eczema Association, 16 Mar. 2021, https://nationaleczema.org/research/eczema-facts/.
- Elizabeth Campbell and Allen Sayler. “Medical Foods – Insights Into FDA's Interpretation and Enforcement.” Food Safety RSS, Food Safety, 6 Mar. 2018, https://www.food-safety.com/articles/5701-medical-foods-insighte28099s-into-fdae28099s-interpretation-and-enforcement.
- Simpson EL, Guttman-Yassky E, Margolis DJ, et al. Association of Inadequately Controlled Disease and Disease Severity With Patient-Reported Disease Burden in Adults With Atopic Dermatitis. JAMA Dermatol. 2018;154(8):903-912.
- Wei W, Anderson P, Gadkari A, et al. Extent and consequences of inadequate disease control among adults with a history of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis. J Dermatol. 2018;45(2):150-157.
- Study finds 1,000 species of bacteria on healthy human. Los Angeles Times website. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-may-29-sci-skin-bacteria29-story.html. Accessed April 13, 2021.
- Segers ME, Lebeer S. Towards a better understanding of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG – host interactions. Microbial Cell Factories. 2014;13(Suppl 1):S7. doi:10.1186/1475-2859-13-S1-S7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4155824/.
- Hill D, Sugrue I, Tobin C, Hill C, Stanton C, Ross RP. The Lactobacillus casei Group: History and Health Related Applications. Front Microbiol. 2018;9:2107. Published 2018 Sep 10. doi:10.3389/fmicb.2018.02107
- Chyn Boon Wong, Toshitaka Odamaki, Jin-zhong Xiao, Beneficial effects of Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum BB536 on human health: Modulation of gut microbiome as the principal action, Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 54, 2019, Pages 506-519, ISSN 1756-4646, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2019.02.002.
- Sugahara H, et al. Probiotic Bifidobacterium longum alters gut luminal metabolism through modification of the gut microbial community. Scientific Reports 5, Article number: 13548 (2015) http://www.nature.com/articles/srep13548