The Connection Between Probiotics & Vaginal Health
Did you know that probiotics support vaginal health? We’re putting the spotlight on Florajen Women and sharing some information on how probiotics play an important role in keeping the body balanced.
The human vagina hosts a range of microorganisms, known as vaginal flora, with lactobacillus being the most common species. These microorganisms help to create an acidic environment – measured by pH – to protect women against vaginal infections.
However, the delicate balance of the microbiome can be disrupted by a variety of factors, including menopause, diabetes, oral contraceptives, and spermicides. Antibiotics are another culprit, with up to 25% of women reporting vaginal side effects after administration.
That’s why probiotics play such an important role in vaginal health! Florajen Women, a multi-strain probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus rhamnosus, has demonstrated benefits in maintaining a healthy balance of vaginal flora and restoring vaginal pH.
Want some tips and tricks on ways to keep your vaginal health in balance? Here are some best practices:
- Take a daily probiotic, like Florajen Women
- Wear breathable clothing, including cotton underwear, to maintain a dry environment
- Focus on whole body health, ie. healthy diet, exercise and sleep
- Don’t use feminine hygiene products to clean your vagina as these are known to disrupt the pH balance
- Get regular screenings by your OBGYN
For more information on Florajen Women, please click here.